Important Information and Documents
Past Meeting Minutes
Eastern Virginia Strategic Plan
The Eastern Va. Association of Health Underwriters vision is to support the VAHU vision statement – to be Virginia’s premier professional Health Insurance Association
2017-18 STRATEGIC PLAN:
- Media – Place 4 opt ads to local paper & editorials
- Legislative – Board focus on meeting with Delegates
- Membership Growth – Two membership drives strategy for retention
- Educate – content and professional development. Develop mentorship Program through local university and college.
- HUPAC – Add Co-chair to help raise contributions. 100% of Board 12×12 Local membership 20-40% increase in contributions. Minimum $50 annual Increase
- Succession Planning – Add co-chairs to each board position for succession
- Grow Funds – $3,000 net profit
Goals for 2017-18:
- Membership and retention – focus on retention and growth. VAHU goal is 3% or 85 members to 88. Recognize current members.
- Hold membership drives – identify non-members and do reach out
- Campaign from email campaign for attendance at prior events.
- Create Socials – Top Golf, Green Flash, Winter Social, Summer Social,Vendor Fair.
- Professional Development – Medicare CE Symposium with 3 CE’s.
- Support State CE with 4 CE’s, Provide up to 4 CE’s at upcoming Membership Meetings. VAHU sponsored certification.
- Charity – focus on establishing charity that allows volunteerism and Donations. Suggestions, Food bank, Union Mission, Toys4Tots.Raise funds with 50/50 raffle at each membership meeting.
- Media – put EVAHU in the news Announce meeting, NAHU releases, VAHU Newsletter
- Communications – Website for EVAHU
- Legislative – Creditable EVAHU presence,Resource for members
- HUPAC – Board to participate 12×12, state delegation donations present At membership meeting.
- Awards – follow criteria for Pacesetter Award; Submit for Award
- Budget – Grow checking account by $5,000 through membership events And sponsorships. Maintain “rainy day” fund in checking account.
Need to get in touch?
One way to get involved is to contribute to NAHU’s Political Action Committee (PAC). Dollars raised through HUPAC are utilized to better educate local, state, and national politicians about what NAHU stands for.
LPRT committee is committed to making LPRT the premier program for top health, disability, longrerm care and worksite marketing insurance producers, carrier reps, carrier management, and general agency/agency managers.